Thursday, June 19, 2008

Class 10 or "We Did It!"

Tonight was the last class in our PS-MAPP training. We all ate pot-luck and ran through the last of the training.

We touched on what to do about abuse allegations against us, and why they might be reported if they are false.

We tied all of our training together in some thought provoking question and answer sessions.

Then it was time to complete our course evaluations and receive our certificates! Hugs and good-byes all around. Email addresses and phone numbers exchanged and out the door toward home and the future.

Our next step is the completion of our Home Study and hopeful certification from the court for adoption! We are looking at the websites for available children.

The sad truth of it is that the same kids we were looking at in January are still there. This further strengthens our resolve. Every child should know someone loves them and is fighting for them.

Can we adopt them all? [WHACK!] Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have had that last cookie. I think the sugar is playing with my mind.

Please pray for us as we complete this phase of the program and continue on to the next. Our eyes have been opened by what we learned, but we are still committed to adoption.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and read a little bit of your story. My husband and I are in the process of adopting from Social Services in our area (CA)and I know just how exciting it is to finish classes. I just wanted to say best of luck to you with your journey! I hope you get everything you dream of and I hope it is a smooth road for you! Best Wishes.